Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sunday Salon: At Off Hours...

This is my first Sunday in the Salon, as it's only in the past couple of weeks that I've been really working on getting this book blog thing going. Me being me, I managed to choose one of the busiest Sundays to try and squeeze in quality reading time. Today will be spent moving new furniture into my house, so this morning has involved a lot of moving of old furniture to make way for new furniture, and running to the grocery store for ingredients for the dinner I'll be cooking the friends who are so kind as to help me. I'm a trooper though, and I've managed to squeeze some reading into all of that. Most of my Sunday Salon reading this week happened in the wee hours of the morning. Last night I stayed up until about four reading my early reviewers book for Librarything- Wife in the North by Judith O'Reilly. It's a great book and a really fun read. It's the memoir of a die-hard urbanite who moves to the countryside in the north of England. I'll talk about it more when I review it, but I can fully identify with O'Reilly, having recently moved far away from the urban areas I love. I'm not sure I'll be able to get much more reading done today, but that's fine. I got a good chunk of Wife in the North done. And hey, new furniture is always a good thing.

4 comments:

jlshall said...

Welcome to the Salon - it's generally a lot of fun but time consuming!

Anonymous said...

Ditto, what Joy says, welcome to the Salon. It can be time consuming. I often bookmark posts and get back to them on Monday...today, I'm reading Great Expectations (when I'm not napping -- and mowing the lawn here later).

Literary Feline said...

Welcome to the Salon! Good luck with the moving!

gautami tripathy said...

Welcome to SS! Moving is stressful. Good luck with it!

Do check out my Sunday Salon posts :D

SS 1: Review of The Dark Child

SS 2: Musings about books