Saturday, October 22, 2011

Read-a-Thon: Hour 16

I'm at hour 16 and I've finished two books:

Death of a Travelling Man by M.C. Beaton
The Essential Dykes to Watch Out For by Alison Bechdel

The mini-challenge for this hour is rereads. I must admit, I am not one to reread books. There's so many unread books I want to get through, that I don't like to spend my reading time on re-reads. That said, I have lately been rereading some favorite books from my youth. This year I've been focusing on the Nancy Drew series. I read all of them when I was young, and now I'm going back through them slowly. I'm shocked by how outdated they are; they never seemed so outdated when I was a kid (even though that was in the eighties and many of them were written in the 30s and 40s.) Still, it's fun to revisit what I enjoyed as a child.

No comments: