Thursday, April 5, 2018

What's in a Name Challenge 2018



This is a challenge I've enjoyed in the past, and I'm excited to give it a try in 2018.  The requirements are simple, six categories, read one book with a title that fits each of the six categories.  This challenge is hosted by The Worm Hole.  The categories are as follows:

  • The word ‘the’ used twice (The Secret By The Lake; The End Of The Day, The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-Time)
  • A fruit or vegetable (The Guernsey Literary And Potato Peel Pie Society; The Particular Sadness Of Lemon Cake)
  • A shape (The Ninth Circle, The Square Root Of Summer, Circle Of Friends)
  • A title that begins with Z – can be after ‘The’ or ‘A’ (Zen In The Art Of Writing; The Zookeeper’s Wife, Zelda)
  • A nationality (Anna And The French Kiss; How To Be A Kosovan Bride; Norwegian Wood)
  • A season (White Truffles In Winter; The Spring Of Kasper Meier; The Summer Queen; Before I Fall; The Autumn Throne)
Sadly, I've never managed to complete this challenge, even though I've attempted it several times (I know, I know, too many books, too little time).  I'm going to give it a go again this year!  Plus, it has a super-pretty challenge button.  

No comments: